Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Here's My Cliche New Year's Post

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This New Year's Day, I decided to look back to last New Year's Day and go from there. Last year, I wrote this, and reading it now, I'd say that some things were accomplished and others were not. 2012 was an improvement and I learned a lot from my mistakes and regret nothing. Well maybe one thing, but it's not huge. Throughout the year I successfully got carried away, was swept off my feet, did things I'd never done before, made new friends that I love, fell in (and out) of love, finally figured out what I want and what I need right here and now, enrolled in school to complete my associates degree. But I also worked too hard and let it get me down. I didn't watch a sunset, or look at the stars enough, or wiggle my toes in the grass, or smell wildflowers, or crochet very much. I didn't read the stack of books or finish my half-played videogames or dance in the rain or be as graceful as I could've been.

SO this year, I'm going to expect more of myself. I want to get rid of more pointless crap that clutters up my house. I want to bring my kitty cat home. I'm going to crochet more. I'm going to remember birthdays and anniversaries. I'm going to get A's in school and fix my GPA. I'm going to read and play those videogames. I'm going to spend time with my existing friends and make more new ones. I'm going to get a new job. I'm going to get closer to Oregon. I'm going to be healthy. I'm going to be a better human being, a better friend, a better daughter, a better employee, a better volunteer. I'm going to go to more concerts, museums, galleries, parties. I'm going to things for those less fortunate than myself. I'm going to wear more hats and dye my hair even brighter colors. I'm going to explore and have adventures and embrace the world.

It's like 2012 was the year I prepared myself, and 2013 is going to the year that I truly shine. I feel like I'm entering into a new era, a new phase of life. I'm ready to take on whatever you have to throw at me. This is the happiest I've been in so long and I'm so glad that it's how I'm starting the New Year. My year five teacher, Mr Brown, always said "Let's start as we mean to go on" and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Today I'm going to get my house into some form of organization and I'm going to sing and go to the gym and play some Muramasa and get a good night's sleep!

I wish everyone joy and laughter and love to last the entire year, and I'm leaving you with a song.
Mumford & Sons - Not With Haste

So Happy New Year, everyone!
Miss Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment